Help Us Help the Community
Kids on the Move for Success strives to provide underprivileged children the educational opportunities to see the world through a new set of eyes. “If you change their vision, you can change their lives!” In order to accomplish our purpose, we need the support and assistance of a qualified staff. The following internship opportunities are currently available with Kids on the Move for Success.
The Administrative Assistant intern will be responsible for juggling multiple projects with superb accuracy, event planning and community outreach. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining strong administrative skills.
- Maintaining a strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills.
- Attend and assist with yearly Community Summit and Antoinette Tuff’s Day.
- Coordinating travel arrangements as needed.
- Recording minutes at various meetings and archiving them accordingly.
- Performing all other related duties as assigned.
- Writing and creating grants and sponsorship packages for donors.
- Answering calls from clients, students and customers.
Graphic Design Intern
The Graphic Design intern will be responsible for assisting the communications team with creating templates, graphics, posters and brochures for the Marketing Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work independently on the production design of marketing materials.
- Manage deadlines and expectations for projects through regular and on-going communication.
- Provide feedback to the production coordinator regarding print quality.
- Utilize skills and knowledge to review effectiveness of design and content.
- Prepare budgets and estimates for digital printing assignments.
Social Media Intern
The Social Media intern will be responsible for assisting the Marketing Department with the creation of materials and content to be used on various social media platforms. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promoting Kids on the Move for Success, Inc. online to current and potential customers, including individual and business consumers.
- Creating and executing new social media initiatives through research, development and creativity.
- Assist with upcoming fundraising events and campaigns.
- Design and create social media content.
The Marketing intern will be responsible for marketing strategies, event planning and community outreach. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the team to write and produce daily content.
- Assist with marketing accounts.
- Write blog entries and fulfill interview assignments.
- Assist with responses, requests and comments within social media realms.
- Assist with the design and creation of marketing materials (online & print).
- Researching and pitching new ideas for social media.
Grant Coordinator / Writer
The Grant Coordinator should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel), and database management skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Generates revenues for Client programs and services through timely submission of well researched, well written and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- If required supervise other consultants hired by Clients for specific writing purposes.
- Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
- Writes reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders.
- Acts as liaison with program staff. (If needed)
- Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match client’s priorities, using research tools.
- Serves as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations. (If needed)
- Engages with program coordinator at Kids On the Move for Success to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
- Special projects as needed.
We are excited about your interest in our organization. Please complete the internship application to be considered for one of the aforementioned positions. You can download the INTERNSHIP APPLICATION to complete and submit it at a later date. If you have additional information or documentation to submit, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions or need additional information about our internship opportunities, please CONTACT US at your earliest convenience. Thank you!